Reed on IR – out 1-2 weeks with lower-body injury

IR means ‘injured reserve’, by the way, and is a sports reference for anyone who didn’t appreciate my wit. But I’ll get to that in a minute.

I figured it was about time I gave an update on my life. Not because anything particularly exciting has happened lately, but mostly because these posts are easier to write than something about my fictional NHL team’s season (coming soon! Teaser: I got rid of Raycroft as quickly as possible).

My last life update post was written over a month ago, and yet I find not much has changed. I’m still living at home…

Image

There are some perks.

…and I briefly had a job – I was a field worker for an archaeology consultancy for all of five days – but then I damaged some tissue in my knee. It’s healing just fine, but I’ve been told to rest it for about two weeks.

Boom. The title of this post just made sense.

Since the archaeological season will be pretty much over by the time I am healed up, I find myself on the job hunt yet again. Joy.

One of the upsides, however, has been that I’ve had a lot of time on my hands to do other things. I recently read Catcher in the Rye (verdict: good), which got me thinking about things – projects – I would like to undertake myself. Some are just short-term projects, like to continue writing here or to read a lot, but I’ve also considered some longer-term goals as well. I have had a few ideas bouncing around my head for a while about actual, non-blog things I’d like to write – whether they are short stories or poems or a longer novel, I’m not sure yet – and I will likely visit the library tomorrow to do a bit of research for one story idea. So, depending on how I feel after that, I may start to seriously consider putting pen to paper at some point.

I would really like to hear your thoughts about this plan though, whoever may read this, so let me know what you think.

Finally, is there anyone who wants to see The Hobbit with me when it comes out? Right now, I am living in a town of about 300 people – 90% of which are over the age of fifty, and the other 10% are either drug dealers or my mom. So, yeah, just putting this out there.

~~~

New to this blog? Check out the About section for more information.

Comments and questions are always encouraged!

Advertisements

One response to “Reed on IR – out 1-2 weeks with lower-body injury

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s